My good friend, V, visited this weekend. We went to the mall on Saturday... a mall with a new "wing" with lots of nice stores that I can't afford. They have a Nordstrom, which is my all time favorite department store. I decided to show my loyalty by purchasing a pair of boots for GMK there, but I think I'll return them because I realized that they'll probably be too small for her by the time we get any snow. But that's one of the great things about Nordstrom- they'll take anything back!
So "mall-ing" wasn't that much fun because we had to take GMK, who is not so great while shopping. At one store, she got so attached to an Etch-A-Sketch that she was seriously going to steal it- she started backing out of the store with the thing clutched to her chest. I would have bought it for her, but it wasn't on sale... just a prop at a clothing store.
But that afternoon while GMK was with dad, we went to the spa where we both got facials and pedicures. Nothing more fun than getting your zits expunged and calluses removed by professionals... and with a friend! Then we went into town for a casual dinner. I hadn't been to a good restaurant to eat in a while, so it was a real treat!
---------------
On the preggers front. I feel bigger. I'm looking bigger. I am definitely bigger. This pregnancy kind of sucks. The queasiness and indigestion have eased. So have the headaches. But lately, I've been getting back spasms where I can barely walk or stand up straight. They get better and go away in time, but definitely are not fun. My chiropractor thinks it's from golf. Darn it!
4 comments:
Your day with V. sounds like so much fun! I can just picture GMK backing slowly out of the store... Ha ha ha!
Yes.. she was trying to be stealthy! Hmm.. is that an actual word? I'm losing it these days. I don't know why.. Anyways, yes, please be sure to tell KCK thanks for everything!
Aw, poor you... but I'm glad you and V were able to spend (part of) a day together.
I'm hoping to come up for a visit in a couple weeks... it'll be fun to see you guys!
funny thing, i can actually picture GMK doing exactly that. so cute!
i'm glad to hear that morning sickness is getting better. hopefully, the back spasms will be getting better in due time. so you're still golfing?
Post a Comment