Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Sleep and Lights

GMK recently got her new twin mattress delivered. I got her some pink sheets and a nice fluffy comforter, and she's sleeping so much better! For the past two nights, she hasn't come into our room. I guess she started calling for me at 5 this morning (according to daddy,) but she didn't get out of bed and went back to sleep. Hurray!

Good sleep is hard to come by when you're pregnant. Especially the last trimester when you're at your biggest and have to sleep on your side... and the baby is doing the running-man on your bladder. Not to mention the hormones that keep me wide awake even though I'm so very tired. I'm not looking forward to that last trimester, since I already feel like I'm there.

On a more cozy note, our heater is fixed and our house only makes the occasional creaking that we've become accustomed to over the past 3 years. I've got my fake candles out to make the nights more bright, and we've finally gotten our outdoor lighting situation figured out (it's a complicated thing... putting lights up on your trees.) It feels like Christmas :)

4 comments:

yellowinter said...

hurray for good night's sleep~
i do remember those wakeful nights. i would sit in front of the computer and set up the whole registry in one night, or reading through endless websites to find the best bedding... hope you'll be able to get some rest in the midst of it all.
merry, merry christmas!!!

jwk said...

reading about G's comfy bed makes me want to take a nap! hurrah for G turning into a big girl and sleeping in her own bed!

Allie said...

awesome. It's great when our babies can sleep in their own bed. ugh!!!! The last trimester is the worst. Hope it goes super fast for you. ;)

vivian said...

the little monster is sleeping!! nice. she is probably so excited about her new sheets too! what month are you in anyways? i forget.. well, it's supposed to snow 2-4 here tomorrow. i hope you're not shoveling anymore!

Post a Comment