Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Sick and Sicker

It's been a rough week of sickness, with no end in sight. GMK was ill all last week and pretty much missed a whole week of school and activity. We were both miserable- her because she was sick, and me because I was with her for literally 24 hours a day and got to wake up even more than normal during the night to check on her. KCK was off on a business trip, too, so I got to deal with it all alone. Our skinny little munchkin is getting better now, but of course now I'm sick. And hubs came home sick, as well. Poor guy had to take a red-eye back home and then go into work that day. I'm sure that didn't help his health and now he's got this full blown sinus congestion, cough, and sore throat thing.

On the preggers front, I'm getting increasingly uncomfortable as my belly gets bigger. I live in my elasticky pajama pants when I'm home because even my maternity pants are a little too tight and make me want to go pee every ten minutes. This baby is quite the athletic kicker. Every night around 7:30 she starts to do her bicycle kicks against my ribs. It's truly an experience like no other.
I can't reach my toes comfortably anymore, and I'm pretty sure KCK would flat out refuse to cut my toenails for me, so I went to get a pedicure today. I'm so glad I got to fit it in because last pregnancy, I waited until 38 weeks to book a pedicure and ended up not getting it because my water broke as I was checking in for the appointment. Baby will get to see pretty toes on her way out!

7 comments:

jwk said...

baby seeing perfectly manicured toes as her first sight is a funny thought. wow. so this is what it's like second time around huh? i don't miss the pee-every-ten-seconds feeling....

yellowinter said...

hehe. you crack me up. i'm sure she'll appreciate it. :) yeah, i do remember cutting your toe nails to be a challenge. but i have a thing about people touching my feet. :)
i hope you'll all feel better soon. it's really stinky to have a sick child, and it always happens that you end up catching it too. same thing happened to us today. oh, RBK, i'll be praying for your family tonight.

Allie said...

I can't imagine a whole week without my hubby... and being pregnant. I will pray for a quick recovery.

hmmm... pedicure sounds nice... You're almost there. Can't wait to see the little one.

Beannie's Log said...

We're going through something similar as all of us are sick now. Same symptoms: fever, sore throat, coughing. Ugh, no fun! I don't know how you did it by yourself with being pregnant and being sick. There's something definitely going around....I either caught it from church or my co-worker who had the nerve to come in to work with the flu! Hope everybody gets well soon!

Betty said...

Man, I'm sorry that you're all sick! What're you going to do for V-day then? Haha, that makes me laugh...the thought of K cutting your toenails. I would seriously be worried about future ingrown nails if A cut mine.

ssk said...

is mimi still your ob? haha... i always wondered if they cared... i hope you're feeling better and that you had a good v-day.

vivian said...

what!! i hope you are better by the time you deliver. poor skinny gmk.. it just doens't seem right. call me when you get a chance.. we need to catch up!

Post a Comment