Thursday, March 19, 2009

Phone-less

A couple weeks ago, I lost my cell phone. I was running around the house trying to get the kids dressed and breakfast fed. Meanwhile, I remembered that I needed to call someone and proceeded to look for my cell phone because who memorizes phone numbers these days? I couldn't find it so I called it and heard it ring, I knew that it was turned on somewhere... maybe the car? Not the car. After being distracted from my search by my kids and various other household things, an hour later I remembered that the laundry needed to be put into the dryer. And there sat my phone on top of a dripping pile of clothes in the washer. I had washed my phone!

Needless to say, it is dead. I've been too busy/lazy/cheap to go get a new phone, but aside from not knowing anyone's phone numbers, it been kind of nice. There's one less thing to keep track of. I don't have to remember to charge it, or switch it from different purses, or put it on vibrate during church service, or make sure AJK doesn't slobber all over it. I've been a pretty happy camper without my cell phone.
Unfortunately, the practical side of me is derailing my carefree state. What if I get a flat tire? Or if I need to use a phone while we travel (not that we have anything planned?) What if I need to get in touch with someone who's number is not in my very small brain?
I need to get a new phone. Any suggestions?

5 comments:

jwk said...

hm. do you remember my number? i remember yours. but i hear you -- i don't memorize any numbers anymore. in high school, my fingers could dial girlfriends' numbers faster than speed dial. i have no suggestions on new phones besides the iPhone. i want one but can't because of my stupid contract with a company that starts with an S and ends with a T. poop.

RBK said...

yes, i know both your numbers jwk. unfortunately, i can't say the same for our other sister. yeah, i have a stupid contract, too. this time, no contract. i'm just going to bite the bullet and pay the full price for the phone. i'm sick of them "owning" me!!!!

yellowinter said...

wow! i don't know any numbers except those few i knew before getting a cell phone. :(
makes me anxious that i need to back up all the phone numbers. i'm sure iphone is at the top of the list for everyone. it's nice (c has one,) but the service plan is so expensive!

Betty said...

hmm...quite a conundrum you got here. cell phone, quite important. did you hear that in a couple weeks at&t is offering the iphone without a contract? albeit at an outrageous price (599). holy s--t! i'm still very tempted to get a blackberry, even though i barely have any friends who email me, much less on an urgent basis. ok, i have no advice :(

ekang said...

oh man! that really stinks! yeah, i only can remember a couple of numbers. it's really bad. i know what you mean about being free from it though! i have an LG VUE. i like it a lot. i had an AT&T Blackberry Pearl prior which was pretty good too. i still have it...do you want me to send it to you? it might beat having to buy a new one! lemme know.

Post a Comment