I'm feeling "not-so-hot". The unattractive "not so hot", as well as the physical "not so hot" both apply.
It's that sluggish, never hungry, never full, always could take a nap feeling. Maybe it's the food I've been allowing myself to eat- it's the "eat everything in site" diet. Or maybe I'm kicking myself because some of the clothes that I purchased in the Fall are getting embarrassingly tight at the waist. Muffin-tops are, after all, complete mood killers.
Enter the Arbonne 30-Day Fit Kit. I am ridiculously excited about this line of products.... jump up and down like I've won the lottery excited. Based on these products, Arbonne offers a detox program of clean eating guidelines and cheerleading via a secret Facebook page. I did the program this past summer with hubs and he lost 17 lbs. I lost 5 lbs. A measly 5 lbs. BUT, I was nursing so I followed a modified version in which I allowed myself to snack incessantly. So this month, I'm going "whole hog' and following all the guidelines of the program.
My goal is to cut out my sugar addiction- and to look good in a bathing suit again. Hey, if it's the shallow goals that get you to the end, go for it!
I had my last cup of coffee today and started with my 2 replacement-meal vegan protein shakes for breakfast and lunch. I'll replace my Keurig machine with the blender tomorrow morning so I can get more creative with the protein and make some smoothies. Was I hungry? A little. Was it unbearable? Not at all. I realized last summer that being a little hungry will not kill me, nor will it mess with my metabolism. In fact, my body is saying it's hungry because it's trying to support my current weight. I don't want my current weight.
I snacked on a handful of raw almonds and cashews while making dinner, and I was good to go. Dinner was chicken fajitas on a bed of baby greens instead of the traditional flour tortilla. It was topped off with homemade guacamole and some lemon dressing... very tasty! I think I could eat that every day. So the goal tonight is to NOT eat after 7pm. I'm sipping a cup of Detox Tea and signing off to watch a show. Maybe I have some laundry to fold to keep my hands from reaching for an unhealthy snack. And maybe, just maybe, I'll get a good solid 8 hours of sleep!
No comments:
Post a Comment